Disappointed in Depth of Water

uchernyak

Jul 14, 2021
California
Hi everyone,
Our pool is finished now but I have the feeling as well it’s not as deep as it should be! It feels really shallow 2/3 of the pool. How did you measure your depth? Should it be to coping? Or water level? Ours is supposed to be 3.6 at the shallow end and I measure 3 to the water level now. At 2/3 of the pool, I get 3.3 to the water level... should I be measuring up to coping?

Hi everyone,
Our pool is finished now but I have the feeling as well it’s not as deep as it should be! It feels really shallow 2/3 of the pool. How did you measure your depth? Should it be to coping? Or water level? Ours is supposed to be 3.6 at the shallow end and I measure 3 to the water level now. At 2/3 of the pool, I get 3.3 to the water level... should I be measuring up to coping?

When folks come here to TFP when planning their pool build we always remind them to specify their desired *water* depth. Folks have been disappointed by not having made this clear on the outset in their contract. Such a shame.

Maddie :flower:

Consumers are usually asking about water depth while builders often talk about depth from the coping unless otherwise specified. That creates unfortunate surprises when people get into their new pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.