Nazareth, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
Due to a backyard renovation project last summer we went a year without opening the pool. Just left the mesh cover in place to prevent debris from falling in during construction. Well unfortunately dirt still got through and I opened it today to discover the water is so dirty you cannot see the walls or bottom.
So my question is what is the best way to clear all the dirt and successfully reopen the pool?
I have a DE filter with just a single backwash setting so even if I use a vacuum I’m sucking all that dirt into the filter and it quickly loses suction and I have to backwash. Do I need to replenish DE powder after every backwash?
I’ve even tried to use my dolphin robotic cleaner to bypass the filter but it gets overloaded too quickly and I fear I’ll burn it out.
Other options?

Do you live on a hill where you might be able to siphon vac? (Create a siphon with the vac hose)
Without a vac to waste option you’re kinda low on options.
Can you take a pic of your equipment & mpv?
Also, do your best to scoop out as much as you can with a fine woven skim net. You’ll be scooping blind.

Maybe find a commercial pool cleaner that can come out with a portable vacuum that filters?

Or dump all the water and replace it.

Or keep vacuuming with the robot and scooping out junk.

Well unfortunately dirt still got through and I opened it today to discover the water is so dirty you cannot see the walls or bottom
Dirt settles to the bottom. Some blows under the cover when it billows in the wind, but not much.

You have yourself a good old fashioned swamp from algae. :)

Pool companies can have a standalone vacuum rig to do a one time cleanup. Well worth it for a very dirty pool opening.

IMG_1344.jpegIMG_1343.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.