dirt and a greenish tint

no, it passed t he test but now wednesday. it went BACK to being greenish. as a matter of fact its worse for some reason. I didn't know my pump wasn't running 24/7. The display is hard to read and I now know the driver needs replaced. for example, this morning I measured the fC at over 18 and just now it was 8 and pool is super cloudy.

i cant go back right if have to run the pump 24/7 correct? if that is the case I need to get the driver on the pump replaced as I cannot see the display numbers to change it. also, if I run 24/7 what speeds should I run 1.2, 3 intervals? I dont want my electric bill to be any higher than

24/7 helps speed up the process. What kind of pump do you have? I have never heard of a Pentax pump.

Add chlorine. Maintain at SLAM level several times per day. Get your pump repaired or replaced.

Mark, your pool isn’t going to clear up unless you get the pump working where you can run it as long as needed, and unless you test FC every few hours and add chlorine to get It to SLAM level, and brush every surface regularly, including stairs and crevices.

Think about this... how is the algae going to die if there isn’t enough chlorine in the water, long enough to kill every spore? How is the dead stuff going to be removed if the filter isn’t being used (meaning the pump is running)?

It shouldn’t make a big difference I; your electric bill, but even so, how much more will it cost you if you don’t SLAM the pool, and then keep it clean afterward?

ok, here we try again but more questions. yesterday I added just a tad bit more than recommended to get to 22 FC per pool math and waited over 1hour and tested the water, it was 34. this morning 8.5 hours later it ws 25. the pool looks 100x better. I notice that the water level is low, not even close to half up the skimmer, so I added water. Now, according to pool math my target is 20-22. should I just leave alone til later or add more chlorine. Also, what do you think about getting some calcium hypochlorite shock? I am spending a small fortune on liquid chlorine.

Cal Hypo in Arizona should be banned. Your calcium levels go very high due to evaporation.

Please read and follow the SLAM Process. No where in there does it say to raise FC above SLAM level.

I am a member of nextdoor app here in Glendale, aZ. there are about 20 people who are saying the same thing I am saying. The algae goes away then comes back. literally the same type and the same symptoms that I have been discussing for a week now so its not just me. :))

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Unfortunately it sounds like 20 people who aren't SLAMming their pools. I wholeheartedly believe it's not just you. Many people could benefit from a proper SLAM.

So what are the 20 or so members of nextdoor suggesting you do to your pool?
My point is sometimes slamming doesnt work. I followed to a TEE the process, it went away then 3 day later it was back. it looked great for 2 days then bam,right back to greenish, I kept the FC level above the recommended 7-9 during the post slam

SLAMming absolutely does work. it requires following the instructions, not ending it too soon, and then doing proper upkeep afterward. But that depends on you.

Something is off in your calculations in Pool Math - perhaps the volume of your pool, or the strength of the chlorine you are using. You shouldn’t be so far off the FC you are trying to reach if the parameters you put in are correct, and you add what Pool Math is telling you to add.

I am doing exactly what the test gives and what pool math says. today was better. Last night before bed it was 20, this morning 14 BUT...... I also tested the PH and that's cleearly 8.2 or more. should I add some muriatic acid?

Mark

No need to address anything during a SLAM except add chlorine.

Once you pass the three criteria, then address pH, TA, etc.

Phosphates are rarely an issue. If you wish to see if you have enough to bother, get a Taylor 1106 test kit. If they are above 2000 ppb, you can address them with a quality remover.

You are in AZ. With high calcium fill water, you should never consider using solid chlorine, aka Calcium Hypochlorite. Dichlor is worse, adding CYA very quickly.

Phosphates are rarely an issue. If you wish to see if you have enough to bother, get a Taylor 1106 test kit. If they are above 2000 ppb, you can address them with a quality remover.

You are in AZ. With high calcium fill water, you should never consider using solid chlorine, aka Calcium Hypochlorite. Dichlor is worse, adding CYA very quickly.
. What's the forums thoughts on Clorox super water clarifier? I have company coming Tuesday and want to pool to look blue. I'm sure you understand
Should I over chlorinate my pool since I can't monitor it. I'm leaving Thursday morning and returning sunday afternoon. Thx
Post your quest

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.