Dimmer for 1hp 220v spa blower?

The pump just moves stuff that falls into the pool to the filter.

If you like plants around and over your pool, you have to run it more to keep it clear is my experience.

JB,

The whole point of having a VS pump is to save on the electrical bill.. Even running 24/7, my pump costs less than $20 bucks a month. If you are running full speed, you may as well have a single speed pump.

As Marty points out, having to "turnover" your water X times a day is just a myth.

I have a SWCG, so I tend to run a long time at 1200 RPM to generate the chlorine I need. During this time my pool gets skimmed well and I have plenty of circulation.

How long do you generally run your pool at 3450 each day?

How are you chlorinating your pool? Tablets, SWCG or Liquid Chlorine? If tablets or SWCG, you will need to run fast enough to make the system work.. Each pool is different of course, so you will have to determine what works best for you.

I suggest that you try running your pump at 3000 or above for your spa and see if your jets and bubbles don't work better.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Another point is you can use the pump for different pool features like we are discussing spa only mode for example. Water feature mode etc. Its not just to save money. I use chlorine tabs in an automatic chlorinator. I like salt ssystems, as a few friends have one, but was advised 45k gallons would be a challenge and I'd probably have to supplement some with tabs during peak season anyway. Still thinking about trying one though. Especially now in hot tub (not swim) season when less chlorine is necessary and a salt system would probably handle it fine. I vary my hours run by water condition and season. I have two 50 year old live oaks that span over the pool. They are beautiful, and provide tons of shade, but boy the mess when they are shedding.... More in summer. Sme times in peak shed season I just shut off the pool as the skimmers and Polaris just can't handle it - they fill in minutes - and I just use the leaf vac/ garden hose to clean the pool out once a week. I tried the spa at 3000 this morning and at 3450, just for kicks. Still not the effect I'm after. Thanks for the replies. I think a 3 way hayward valve is in order for my next step.

I like salt ssystems, as a few friends have one, but was advised 45k gallons would be a challenge and I'd probably have to supplement some with tabs during peak season anyway. Still thinking about trying one though. Especially now in hot tub (not swim) season when less chlorine is necessary and a salt system would probably handle it fine.

You can put in a dual SWG system. Read...

JB,

No doubt there are many different reasons that a pool owner might want to run his pump. Each pool and location have different challenges..

But, I think you missed our main point... There is a difference between wanting to run your pump and having to run your pump.

We don't care how fast or how long you want to run your pump.. We just wanted to make sure that you are not running it because of some turnover myth.

Thanks,

Jim R.

So I installed the Jandy 3 way and it allows to bleed off as much or as little air as I like. With very little or no additional noise. Getting closer, much closer, but a couple more questions. Are the nozzles adjustable at all? I noticed one of my nozzles was installed backward. So unscrewed the fitting fliped the nozzle and reinstalled. I noticed with the fitting off I could feel a square shaped piece inside the jet. Is this adjustable at all? Also, what is the most popular nozzle size?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.