Diluted liquid chlorine sold?

guddylover

Jan 25, 2020
Toronto
I have noticed that anytime there is a so-called liquid chlorine scarcity (here in Canada) I notice that it is not as potent. It feels like it has been heavily diluted with water or something. I feel like this is not right since they have marked up the price. How common is this in your area?

You should always check the date code. Not sure what the requirements are in Canada.
This is what it looks like in USA - such as Walmart and Home Depot.
It is the year first followed by 3 digits which represents day in that year. You can look up on internet to find details of the date.

I always look at the date stamped before I purchase and will not buy if more than 1 month old. I have found in Walmart they will stick the older bottles up front and the newer bottles in the rear. So just look. This may be the reason for what feels like diluted LC.

Liquid Chlorine-Date Stamp.jpg

You should always check the date code. Not sure what the requirements are in Canada.
This is what it looks like in USA - such as Walmart and Home Depot.
It is the year first followed by 3 digits which represents day in that year. You can look up on internet to find details of the date.

I always look at the date stamped before I purchase and will not buy if more than 1 month old. I have found in Walmart they will stick the older bottles up front and the newer bottles in the rear. So just look. This may be the reason for what feels like diluted LC.

View attachment 430378
We usually buy liquid chlorine from the pool store here because it’s a refill and it was cheaper. I think I will start trying the sealed bottles from Walmart and co

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.