Bluffton, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Being colorblind, I have always had to have my wife help read strips from Baquacil when I didn't want an hour round trip to the store. The last couple seasons I had used Lamotte digital system and was decent. I know they also have systems for chlorine too. Is there any other brands they may work better? I am not able to use any of the color-based systems on my own without guessing which I do not want to do.

Have you tried the Taylor FAS-DPD test? It’s a drop test. It turns red in the presence of chlorine, you count the number of drops needed to turn clear. Can you see the difference between red and clear?

Have you tried the Taylor FAS-DPD test? It’s a drop test. It turns red in the presence of chlorine, you count the number of drops needed to turn clear. Can you see the difference between red and clear?
I haven't purchased any tester for chlorine. A buddy suggested aquchek truetest didgital, which I may pick up as a starter. Yes I can see red. I'm green/brown deficient but I surely do know what algae looks like!

I haven't purchased any tester for chlorine. A buddy suggested aquchek truetest didgital, which I may pick up as a starter. Yes I can see red. I'm green/brown deficient but I surely do know what algae looks like!
Just get the Taylor FAS-DPD test then.

If all you have is the color q, you need a CYA test kit too. Not sure if CH is a concern in your area, but we know the color q does not provide accurate results for CH.

At the end of the day, an entire drop based test kit is probably worth it.

This is the unit I have purchased. ColorQ 2x
It handles the following:
Free Chlorine (DPD)0-10 ppm100
Total Chlorine (DPD)0-10 ppm100
Bromine (DPD) - uses the Chlorine (DPD) reagent set0-22 ppm100
pH6.5-8.5100
Total Alkalinity0-300 ppm100
Calcium Hardness0-600 ppm100
Cyanuric Acid0-150 ppm100

If it doesn't do well enough, I will have to resort to my namesake... Taylor system....bundle with the whale brush I do miss having one!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.