Dig day, and i think they hit and cracked sewage pipe

usfbull

Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
Tampa FL
Surface
Plaster
I spoke with one of the workers and he told me they will repair the pipe. It is in the corner in the shallow end.

Does the pipe need to be re-routed? I am waiting to hear back from the PM but the worker made it seem like they will repair and have it run at bottom of pool.

Attachments

• IMG_3475.jpg
    IMG_3475.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3476.jpg
    IMG_3476.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3478.jpg
    IMG_3478.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Wow
Reactions: Nikilyn
I would think they would have to re-route the pipe. You can't bury it under the pool, and the line needs to be at a specific slope and drop to drain properly. Its not a pressurized line that will flow uphill unassisted. Paper and waste will cause the line to back up if they drop it down and raise it back up to connect into the rest of the sewage line. Didn't they have someone mark the utilities in the yard before the dig started?

Reactions: usfbull
Thanks, his response was "they will repair the pipe and form around it". He said they would go straight through the pool shell. "Will need to get a plumber to reroute around corner of the pool"

I followed up by inquiring about them having checked on and marked all utilities prior to digging. I dont see how they could run it through the shell when the pipe is maybe 2 feet below the surface and I asked if they will be sending out a plumber.

You need to halt the build and get your own plumber to reroute and fix the waste line properly. I would not want that line buried in or under the pool and would not trust that the plumber they send does it properly.

The digging was completed. That corner where they hit the pipe was the last section they had left to dig. They need to at least try and repair it temporarily as it is a holiday and I doubt any plumber is coming today or tomorrow.

There are plumbers who do emergency 24hour a day call outs.

A temporary fix can be done with the right pipe from HD.

Reactions: usfbull
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.