Difference between Stonescapes Puerto Rico Blend and Touch of Glass

Linda117

Feb 3, 2021
North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hi All, I thought I would post this because I searched and searched and could not find the answer. I emailed Stonescapes to get the correct information and noticed there were a few posts with the wrong info on here. Since I am just now in the process of having a pool built, I figured others were too and were searching for similar information, so here it is. Puerto Rico blend is the addition of iridescent glass beads and touch of glass is the addition of colored beads. For example if you wanted Aqua Blue Touch of Glass, you would have blue glass beads added, if you wanted salt and pepper touch of glass, you would have black glass beads added. Puerto Rico blend is just adding iridescent beads, (no particular color) Hope that helps. This gives the same affect as abalone shells.

Sorry, i will try to clarify according to the email I recevied from Stonescapes. Puerto Rico Blend is the addition of iridescent beads. Touch of glass, is the addition of colored beads. So if you want aqua blue with a touch of glass, they will add, more dark blue beads. If you want aqua blue with sparkle, they will add, puerto rico blend which is iridescent beads.

Reactions: kimkats
@kimkats The Puerto Rico blend is a mix of colors. We are getting the Aqua White Puerto Rico blend small and from the pictures I've seen it has clear, aqua and cobalt beads in it. They must be iridescent but that's hard to see on the computer screen.

Reactions: Jgc88 and kimkats
Well no wonder no one seems to know the difference. This is the email from their marketing rep.
Good Afternoon,

Puerto Rico blend is the addition of iridescent glass beads.

Touch of Glass is the addition of colored beads. For example, if you were to want Aqua Blue Touch of Glass, you would have blue glass beads added or if you wanted Salt and Pepper Touch of Glass, you would have black glass beads added.

Thanks,

Ashlyn Lyons
Marketing Customer Service Assistant

Reactions: jcalvano
I think what the letter says is correct but not complete. It should probably read, iridescent multi colored beads. And ToG is one color.

@kimkats The Puerto Rico blend is a mix of colors. We are getting the Aqua White Puerto Rico blend small and from the pictures I've seen it has clear, aqua and cobalt beads in it. They must be iridescent but that's hard to see on the computer screen.

Would love to see your pool color when it's finished! We are choosing between Aqua White Puerto Rico Blend and French Gray Puerto Rico Blend Small or Large. I also noticed that you can add as many bags of the Puerto Rico Blend as you like so that will also influence color! So many things to consider. They haven't even begun to dig yet so I would love to know before it comes time to decide. It would be very helpful if you could post pictures! I appreciate it! :)

Reactions: Sunlover5514

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sunlover, Its probably a blessing to make a decision this week before the pool is even dug. We have this massive hole in the backyard, piles of dirt all over, trenches, piping, its just a muddy mess. We have been that way for a month now, and im still weeks away from having to make a choice on color. I've been thinking about it since sketches and Im still not there! If you have to make a decision, at least its done and you can stop thinking about it! Without a doubt, this was the hardest decision of the entire build.

I would also love to see pics of aqua white mini with touch of glass and aqua white mini with the puerto rico blend. I would like to see how they compare. I have to make my decision this week. Eek!
Those are the ones I need to choose from also! What did you decide on? I need to make a decision this week. If you have any pics to share, it would be much appreciated.

Reactions: samp888
I have stonescapes aqua blue mini. I believe it is puerto Rico blend. It has clear/iridescent, light blue, medium blue, and cobalt glass beads. I also have a light hand casting of abalone. I am in love with it. Our PB actually threw in the glass and abalone at no cost and without me even mentioning it. I am thrilled with the outcome.

Reactions: KDee
Looks beautiful! Is the blue the shade you expected? I think we might want a little bit darker blue so this is good to see.
Yes, it’s what I wanted. We had a white, plaster pool before so I wanted something different. I don’t like the lagoon look. I wanted a “pool“ look, only a bit deeper, but not dark.
The aqua blue seems to be on the same color scale as mine only darker.

Reactions: KDee
Yes, it’s what I wanted. We had a white, plaster pool before so I wanted something different. I don’t like the lagoon look. I wanted a “pool“ look, only a bit deeper, but not dark.
The aqua blue seems to be on the same color scale as mine only darker.
Thanks for the input. We are also looking for a pool look, but deeper blue. I think we will like seeing the white on the tanning ledge over the blue, so I think we will stick with this as well. Very helpful!

Reactions: Nikilyn
Well no wonder no one seems to know the difference. This is the email from their marketing rep.
Good Afternoon,

Puerto Rico blend is the addition of iridescent glass beads.

Touch of Glass is the addition of colored beads. For example, if you were to want Aqua Blue Touch of Glass, you would have blue glass beads added or if you wanted Salt and Pepper Touch of Glass, you would have black glass beads added.

Thanks,

Ashlyn Lyons
Marketing Customer Service Assistant
quick question about "Touch of Glass" do you know if i can get them in just clear or white for extra sparkle but not change the color of the pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.