Did the pool company forget my SWG?

Travelguy73

Aug 16, 2020
Houston
Our pool install has been so slow, but we are finally getting there. A couple weeks ago they installed this system, and frankly I'm only just now really looking at it. The construction supervisor comes later today for a visit, and I want to be educated. We spec'd out a salt system for our 14k pool, but it's not here, right? They have in the contract a Jandy Fusion Soft Salt System. I have read on here that's not the best one (minerals or something?).

Attachments

• Pool pump 1.jpg
    Pool pump 1.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Pool pump 2.jpg
    Pool pump 2.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Pool pump 3.jpg
    Pool pump 3.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 70
They gave you the fusion, not the fusion soft. The vessel is identical though so easy to swap out. But i wonder if they didn't install the power supply in the electrical box either?

Also there's nothing wrong with the fusion soft it's a great saltwater chlorine generator. Just don't use the mineral cartridge.

Reactions: Travelguy73

They gave you the wrong model.

There are two models of the Nature 2 Fusion system:
  • Nature2 Fusion which has a chlorine puck feeder and a mineral cartridge
  • Nature2 Fusion Soft which has a 700 or 1400 SWG cell and a mineral cartridge
Remove the mineral cell and never use it.

That is the correct controller i wonder how they managed to set that up without realizing they had no salt cell to connect it to? Can you show your entire equipment pad? Also no automation?

I'm thinking maybe you have the inline Aquapure swg. And they just gave you the fusion as a bonus? The power supplies are the same internals, but the FusionSoft is labeled "Fusion" whereas the Aquapure is labeled "Aquapure".

I think that the Jandy Aqua Pure 1400 3-port cell, 40,000 Gallon (O.E.M) - PLC1400 will fit in the same spot as the Fusion with the same unions.

If yes, just go with the cell only as you do not want the mineral cartridge.

jandy-plc700-02.jpeg

jandy-plc700-03.jpeg

That is the correct controller i wonder how they managed to set that up without realizing they had no salt cell to connect it to? Can you show your entire equipment pad? Also no automation?
The earlier pic that shows the filter, Fusion, and pump is everything on the pad. The rest of the space is empty in case we want to add a heater in the future. You are correct, no automation (we don't have a spa, though what is that black Jandy box with an antenna?

Attachments

• Pool pump 3.jpg
    Pool pump 3.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Pool pump 4.jpg
    Pool pump 4.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 25
I want to say they may have been out of the FusionSoft and just used that as a placeholder until they got it back in. Like I said, the footprint is identical.

Also wondering what that antenna is on the wall. Maybe for the pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can that system cut the power to the SWCG when the pump is not running? Otherwise a timer is needed for the SWCG.

Can that system cut the power to the SWCG when the pump is not running? Otherwise a timer is needed for the SWCG.
I don't think that it can, but it really wouldn't be too hard to add that capability.

They definitely should be able to make a small device like that that can control multiple pieces of equipment at the same time.

Reactions: gary300
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.