Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi forum

I ran out of reagent for my Taylor test kit to test the FC level and waiting for a refill order to come in the next few days.

Today I noticed that the bottom of the pool had some green algae and once I brushed it, it quickly dissipated into the water.

Not wanting to take any chances, I added some shock to the pool. Was that an overreaction on my part? Since the algae quickly disappeared once I brushed it away and only a very small section, I’m assuming that it wasn’t that bad?

Few days ago, I did test the FC level and it was at 6.8 and CYA at 70. Pool was only used by my son for past 2 days.

Thanks

Not sure what type of shock you used but suggest go with liquid chlorine or cal-hypo (since you have a vinyl pool) to quickly raise your FC if needed. I would err on the high side of your target FC which for CYA of 70 is 5-10ppm so maybe go to the 8-10 range to rid yourself of any lingering algae.

I’m using the following product which is 65% calcium hypochlorite. Can you explain why liquid chlorine or cal hypo is better for vinyl pools?

thanks

Attachments

• 647CCB6A-C0E8-4F4E-BEE2-333CD5D6318A.jpeg
    647CCB6A-C0E8-4F4E-BEE2-333CD5D6318A.jpeg
    474.2 KB · Views: 2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.