ShinDiors

Jul 16, 2021
Northern VA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I tested my fc with k2006 at 645pm after no sunlight hitting on the pool, it was 3, I've been using 25k gal as pool volume (as I heard the water company guy said it probably would need 5 loads water to fill up, 5k gal/load). I used poolmath to calculate 102 oz of 12.5% LC to give a 4ppm raise.

Just now, 830pm, I took some water and tested it again (twice), got 8.5 fc, which is a 5.5ppm increase. Am I overestimating the pool volume or it may come from other factors, for example, degradation of LC concentration, inaccuracies from measurement (used a kitchen measure cup)?

Thanks in advance.

Assuming the pump was running for at least 30 minutes after adding, yes you may be over estimating your water volume. Better too high than too low. Dose 80 oz tomorrow and test before and 45 minutes after to dial it in.

Plug your pool dimensions in Pool Math and it will calculate your water volume.
FYI: ___ wide by ___ long by ___ deep (which is the height of the water itself not the height of the pool)

If you need to get an estimate of the amount of water in your pool you can use the calculator at the bottom of the old Pool math web page. You simply enter the pool dimensions and average depth and it gives you the gallons of water in the pool.

Pentair has a Pool Volume Calculator that lets you select from rectangular, oblong, round, and triangle shapes.

There is also a Chemical Way of Calculating Pool Volume using an alkalinity test kit, sodium bicarbonate or acid, and the formula.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.