Dichlor for spa

No, Di-Chlor is a granulated white "free flowing" chlorine concentrate that has cyanuric acid blended with it.
Di-Chlor use over time, say after 2 months or more, can add excess stabilizer or cyanuric acid to hot tub water. Cyanuric Acid readings over 50 ppm is not recommended. This is one very compelling reason why many hot tub owners are employing what is called the "di-chlor/bleach" method of sanitization. This forum has ample information on this process. It is very easy to incorporate into your ongoing maintenance schedule. One very important item you MUST use is a reliable test kit. I strongly urge you not to use test strips. Get yourself a quality chemical test kit. This item will allow you to always soak in clear and healthy water and forego many maintenance nightmares other hot tub owners are going through. Read all you can about dichlor and bleach methods as well as information about test kits on this forum.

No, Di-Chlor is a granulated white "free flowing" chlorine concentrate that has cyanuric acid blended with it.
Di-Chlor use over time, say after 2 months or more, can add excess stabilizer or cyanuric acid to hot tub water. Cyanuric Acid readings over 50 ppm is not recommended. This is one very compelling reason why many hot tub owners are employing what is called the "di-chlor/bleach" method of sanitization. This forum has ample information on this process. It is very easy to incorporate into your ongoing maintenance schedule. One very important item you MUST use is a reliable test kit. I strongly urge you not to use test strips. Get yourself a quality chemical test kit. This item will allow you to always soak in clear and healthy water and forego many maintenance nightmares other hot tub owners are going through. Read all you can about dichlor and bleach methods as well as information about test kits on this forum.
Thank you Ahhsomeguy! I have a pool and the tfp kit. :)

Just got a hot tub and researching here on the best way to maintain. Wanted to make sure I get the right stuff.

I found Spa Boss

Chlor-Aid 800g Dichlor Granulated​

also when i google i get

Spa Chlorine Granules (700g) by Pool Supplies Canada

Any recommendation for product in Canada

thank you in advise.

When you get to around 30 PPM stabilizer switch to either liquid chlorine or plain old bleach without any other ingredients in it. One thing though the spa industry frown upon using either product and wants you to use dichlor exclusively. I used to use only dichlor for quite a while and the spa experts on the forum I was on nearly had a stroke when someone suggested to use bleach ... I was familiar with it in my pool so it was a no brainer when it was mentioned.

By the way - buy the Ahhsome spa purge and use it before you get into your new tub, you might be surprised in what the water looks like after using it. I would also recommend using the spa purge at every water change or at least every other water change.

Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.