Diamondbrite first week what can and can't do?

Aug 28, 2016
Baltimore Md
I'm on day 3 I have been adding maradic acid and ph has been mid to high 7s, today I added half of the recommended calcium hardness plus , the pool builder put chlorine tabs in the skimmers on day 1, also I have brushed twice daily and see some cloudiness when I do.
i have been told that I should not swim for 2 weeks , should not run heater for 4 weeks and should not add and start salt for 4 weeks , does that jive with the what everyone on here believes?

thanks
also I ordered by trouble free pool kit today?

Never too early to add bleach if your FC test says you need some!

Maddie :flower:

Addendum to clarify-if the PB is putting pucks in the water, bleach is just the same chlorine but without the "other stuff".

Don't forget to register your warranty also!!

Have you discovered PoolMath yet?? Great application up at the top of this page.

Add your gallons at the top first...
Then go to the bottom and input in "Troublefreepool.com", "bleach" and "plaster" as answers to the three questions there...
Then go back up to the top and input your current test results in the far left hand column ("Now" column) and your goal results in the "Target" column and voila! The app tells you how much to add....

How are you testing again??? I mean, until your kit gets there??

Have you discovered PoolMath yet?? Great application up at the top of this page.

Add your gallons at the top first...
Then go to the bottom and input in "Troublefreepool.com", "bleach" and "plaster" as answers to the three questions there...
Then go back up to the top and input your current test results in the far left hand column ("Now" column) and your goal results in the "Target" column and voila! The app tells you how much to add....

How are you testing again??? I mean, until your kit gets there??

Test strips and today took water to local pool supply store. My test strip reading were fairly close to the local store.

Try to prioritize a proper test kit as soon as possible. Pool Store testing is notoriously unreliable, and test strips are even worse.

We recommend the TF-100 - it has the most reagents you'll need for the best value, or a K-2006C (C has extra reagents you'll need) also has a full suite of tests.

Without the ability to test on demand, you'll have trouble discerning exactly what your pool needs (and we'll have problems helping you since accurate testing is key to diagnosing problems).

You can get the TF-100 here: TFTestkits.net

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I shelved my wire brush and bought a nylon bristle brush instead. The thought of scraping that brand-new surface with a stiff metal brush freaked me out. My nylon brush has a "scoop" built into the top so it stirs water well and holds against the surface nicely. I have no plans to go back to the wire one.

Heating was a prerequisite for swimming in my pool, so I had to stay out of it for 30 loooong days!

- - - Updated - - -

btw, SGM has good customer service. I called them a few times with random questions and they were friendly and helpful.

Good advice ^^^^^

No heater for 30 days. No steel brush for a year. And really no need for one at all unless you've got scale or some other issue to resolve. I still use a poly brush on my pebblesheen 5+ years later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.