Diamond Brite Aegean Sea verse French Gray

Gottabewet

Silver Supporter
Jun 18, 2018
Hudson Vally NY
We are building a 20x50 gunite pool in the Hudson Valley area of New York. We are going through the torturous process of picking a color. We are heavily drawn to the Diamond Brite Aegean Sea, but are also considering french gray. There are unfortunately very few pictures online of the Aegean sea. If anyone has any pictures that they would be willing to share they would be my hero.

Also, I see that people are mixing colors to find the sweet spot. They are concocting their own brews. The Aegean Sea is 6 parts French Gray and 4 parts Tahoe blue. The French Gray requires no mixing, which seems less prone to mistakes and streaking and mottling. That is a big plus.

Hi and Welcome!

Both are very pretty!

As far as streaking and mottling------it is all in the installers hands. If they have good skills then it not be as noticeable. I will also tell you the darker colors are worse than the lighter colors. Just something to think about.

Welcome to TFP....

We have DB and considered the French Grey seriously. In the end we wanted a darker bottom and went with the Black Onyx. For our pool setting we feel it was a good choice. Pics available in my link below.

Reactions: Gui0312
Thank you for the insight!

I will hopefully find something that I feel will be the right color for us.

After looking at WAY too many pictures online, I must end this search before I get color blind.

I do like the spirit behind the watercolors series... allowing people to mix and have fun to make it feel personalized. With a little luck maybe even just a shade better than would have been if it was just a straight color.

Welcome to TFP....

We have DB and considered the French Grey seriously. In the end we wanted a darker bottom and went with the Black Onyx. For our pool setting we feel it was a good choice. Pics available in my link below.
Hey, I‘ve been considering the darker bottom pools with DB, any chance you have any new photos of how its held up? Some reason I can’t see the pictures you stated were available. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.