DFW Texas Pool & Spa Build (Round 2)

LOVE IT ALL! Just wait until that water clears up and your real color comes out! The green tint is very normal. It will get better with time and balanced water.

Have you been in yet??? LOL

:kim:

Thank you! We're very happy with everything so far. Can't wait to see the decking finished, and true color of the pool and patio furniture all done to finish it off.

Also looking forward to tackling the chemistry part!

We have been in the pool for the past 5 hours. Initially was just testing it out to now being super sun burnt already lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question. One of the pumps is running very quietly but seems dry? I don't see any water in it, is that normal?

1707f5b4e95fb22fd58ba7275d1b244b.jpg

This is the other pump but it's off as I don't hear it:

4780218535f77ac9e0c51dfc38d72dfc.jpg

Nice looking pool - the finish is really good. I wanted to mention that my PB did not provide the salt for the SWG start up - its generally 4 weeks after start up. Its not a big cost, but I would have preferred for PB to provide all start up chemicals. You should make sure you ask for it. You probably need 10 to 12 salt bags of forty lb each.

Also, the pump may seem it dosent have water, but its there. The sure way to test is to put the pump off and open the lid. Another way is to increase the speed and see if it is priming.

Good luck!! Exciting times.

Nice looking pool - the finish is really good. I wanted to mention that my PB did not provide the salt for the SWG start up - its generally 4 weeks after start up. Its not a big cost, but I would have preferred for PB to provide all start up chemicals. You should make sure you ask for it. You probably need 10 to 12 salt bags of forty lb each.

Also, the pump may seem it dosent have water, but its there. The sure way to test is to put the pump off and open the lid. Another way is to increase the speed and see if it is priming.

Good luck!! Exciting times.

Thanks! They're dropping the brush and stuff off tomorrow morning so I can brush everything but after the acid bath yesterday the streaking is all but gone. I did see all the salt bags on the side of the house but no SWG yet. Also they haven't put the lights in yet. They said they could do that after the plaster and didn't want to hold up plaster because they had an opening to get it done.

The PB is coming by tonight as well to show me the pump is working and assured me water is there. I don't even know how to change the speed as I don't see any controls on the pump? Unless I'm missing something?

Yes super excited, I've been wanting a pool for years and our old house yard couldn't accommodate a pool so I was stoked when we could fit one in at the new place.

It is an okay test kit BUT it is lacking two big tests-FC over 10 ppm and the CYA test. I would go ahead and order the TF-100 and salt strips and the magnetic stirrer with a couple extra beans.

That test kit beats the PO that got the sample bottle of test strips :rolleyes:

It is an okay test kit BUT it is lacking two big tests-FC over 10 ppm and the CYA test. I would go ahead and order the TF-100 and salt strips and the magnetic stirrer with a couple extra beans.

That test kit beats the PO that got the sample bottle of test strips :rolleyes:

Thanks Kim! I'll order this weekend. So basically if I understand all I have to do is get the figures for everything, plug it into pool math, then add accordingly? Is it that easy?

Also my neighbors pool just got one. Thought I would share a pic as I know everyone likes looking at new pools!!

8ead5300ebea63c09a272a5b2a7e1bd0.jpg

That is a pretty pool too! Did they use the same builder?

I can't find if I shared my "new pool owners" set of links with you. I went back a couple of pages and did not see it so I am going to share them here so you have them.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

It REALLY is as easy as you said above.........do test, input info to Pool Math, add or do what it says.

The above links will help you understand the timing, whys and hows of TFP. It is a lot of info but once you start using it all it will make sense.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is a pretty pool too! Did they use the same builder?

I can't find if I shared my "new pool owners" set of links with you. I went back a couple of pages and did not see it so I am going to share them here so you have them.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

It REALLY is as easy as you said above.........do test, input info to Pool Math, add or do what it says.

The above links will help you understand the timing, whys and hows of TFP. It is a lot of info but once you start using it all it will make sense.

You rock Kim! Thanks a lot. We actually used 2 different builders. The 6 houses built here 5 have pools with 5 different builders.

Do you recommend the Taylor k1766 salt test over the test strips?

Also do really need to test some items daily instead of weekly?

In the beginning you DO need to test the daily stuff daily as your PH is going to climb due to the plaster curing. It will take a few months to stabilize.

I also suggest you keep a good log of your tests. I even put in big weather events, lot of rain, sun, wind, ect to help me learn my pool's pattern. After your levels get stable you might be able to skip a test here and there but for right now........yeah test daily stuff daily please.

YEA on the decking!!!!!

Also talked to the PB and he said we could run the robot now, I always heard you need to wait a few weeks but I guess not?

One PB's comment does not a best practice make. I'd wait closer to 30 days, why risk it? There's no upside except a little easier cleanup in the meantime.

Decking looks great!

Pool school didn't happen today. They had an issue trying to run the LED bubbler. So they didn't want to go over the pool school until they could do it all the right way. He did hook up the aqua link so I am able to control some things. So I do have a question to filter the spa does the filer pump have to be on or is that just how he set it before he left? Anyway they'll be back Monday to finish everything and do the school when we're ready.

Few pics with the lights. Not sure if they are the right 30w lights as I thought they would be brighter but maybe it's not dark enough when I tested.

5d6fac941bf897ea16ff76b0cad56450.jpg

c0b4c4115c8e84289fa76cd2d9bdd52f.jpg

cdea4febebb0dccae54e0641176e7e03.jpg

It all depends on how he set it up. There are a couple of ways to do it so no one answer I am sorry to say.

I am VERY happy to say that is a VERY pretty pool!

Do you have anything to compare the lights to so you know if you got the right ones? Do you have the paper work to check?

I like that he wants it all right before he hands it off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.