DFW New Build 7/6/21-Swimming On 8/28

Electricians returned today and did 95% of the work, lights were installed and fingers crossed the Jandy nicheless lights work with no issues-LED was on our contract but PB upgraded us at no charge-I suspect he couldn't get LED lights. Soil injection guys injected the deck area yesterday and we're waiting for the deck guys to return and do the rebar. Still need the gas line run and heater installed, but getting closer to swimming.

I hope you realize how much your build is moving at light speed compared to many of us on here! Congrats. Has been exciting to watch.

Reactions: Indeeph2o
I hope you realize how much your build is moving at light speed compared to many of us on here! Congrats. Has been exciting to watch.
We do and are so thankful they have been able to do what they promised. If the weather had cooperated we would have been done already. I really spent a lot of time on this site and local sites researching to find the right builder and feel like we chose the right guy.

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
Deck is done, today we are watering it. The electrical is complete. Waiting on a gas plumber to call us back to get gas line for the heater run. This week should be clean up, plaster prep, plaster and acid wash. They didn't leave a spot for the handrail in the deck, so guessing that will be done later.

By the way, those leaves were falling freely during the deck pour. Going to ask PB about tenting during plaster since there are plenty more leaves ready to fall.

Looking for suggestions to the left of the deck-it's a low spot in the yard and before all of the construction would become a mud pit. Since we have flagstone from the path that used to go to the gate, I was thinking have someone lay in it in a circle for a firepit area.

We need to landscape/plant something behind the waterfall. PB says the willow tree that spontaneously popped up in the back corner by the fence shouldn't bother the plumbing, but I'm not sure.

Also, what would you use to paint the PVC pipes for equipment? Eventually we'll put an enclosure around the sides to provide shade.

deck in progress.jpgdeck left.jpg

Reactions: Newdude
They didn't leave a spot for the handrail in the deck, so guessing that will be done later.
They should have done it now as it should be grounded to the rebar in the deck :( If they do it after it will not be gorunded/bonded.
Going to ask PB about tenting during plaster since there are plenty more leaves ready to fall.
If he won't then you need to as we both know they can /will cause problems for your new plaster.
I was thinking have someone lay in it in a circle for a firepit area.
I would also find where the water likes to flow from with the new deck and make a "rock" river that is dry until it rains then it is used to move the water where it cannot do any harm.
PB says the willow tree that spontaneously popped up in the back corner by the fence shouldn't bother the plumbing, but I'm not sure.
I am with you in the concern. Their roots seek out water so.............I would not like it there.
Also, what would you use to paint the PVC pipes for equipment?
Pick a light color spray paint that says it is good on plastic. Use sandpaper to rough up the pipes so it sticks good.

• Love
Reactions: Indeeph2o
They should have done it now as it should be grounded to the rebar in the deck :( If they do it after it will not be gorunded/bonded.

If he won't then you need to as we both know they can /will cause problems for your new plaster.

I would also find where the water likes to flow from with the new deck and make a "rock" river that is dry until it rains then it is used to move the water where it cannot do any harm.

I am with you in the concern. Their roots seek out water so.............I would not like it there.

Pick a light color spray paint that says it is good on plastic. Use sandpaper to rough up the pipes so it sticks good.
You are an awesome resource-thank you very much. Not sure why they didn't leave a space for the handrail as it has always been in our contract. Rock riverbed is a great idea. When they clean up the yard, I'll ask them to cut down the willow tree. Thank you for the help

Not to hijack the thread but I was thinking of adding a hand rail and found a couple of sites that shows it quite easy but none indicated that it needed to be attached to the bond wire. Now the one I am thinking about does not mount in the pool - it is strictly on the deck and overhangs the pool so you can hold on while going down the steps. Please clarify if that needs bonding or is it just the ones that mount in the pool itself.

PB said he always waits to install handrail until after deck is poured because he feels like its better. He said our entire deck is bonded and so it won't be an issue. Any thoughts?

They plan to come out today and prep the gunite, perform clean-up and schedule plaster for tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Time for sure!!! Make sure to look at back a page two for the set of links on how to start up plaster and care for it afterwards.

You also need to put socks on the ends of any hoses you will be using to fill the pool. Make sure the hose ends are placed right at the deepest part of the pool. Do NOT fill the spa first unless you can be there to baby sit it to make sure it does NOT overflow into the pool. Any "running" water can cause a channel in your new plaster.

Do NOT stop the flow of water once it starts until it gets to the middle of the waterline tile. Stopping the water early could cause a ring around the pool.

Kim:kim:

My 11 year old is waiting for the pool to be filled and has only asked 1,000 times "can I swim yet?"

View attachment 367526
So April to August is quick by most timelines on this forum. I am sure Labor Day weekend will be lots of fun in the new pool. Maybe sooner as well.

So April to August is quick by most timelines on this forum. I am sure Labor Day weekend will be lots of fun in the new pool. Maybe sooner as well.
The pool guys started filling the pool yesterday-it looks like it will be full by tonight. So, fingers crossed we get the equipment on and start the balancing this weekend. 50+ days from dig to fill

Reactions: HermanTX
My 11 year old is waiting for the pool to be filled and has only asked 1,000 times "can I swim yet?"

View attachment 367526
We were in ours while it was filling... I know you're supposed to wait until its full but there was no holding back my family.

We were in ours while it was filling... I know you're supposed to wait until its full but there was no holding back my family.
I'm afraid if I let the kids in, I'd never get them out. Plus with falling leaves and no circulation, I wanted to wait. They plan to turn on equipment first thing tomorrow morning, start balancing the water, said we can be swimming by Saturday morning. WooHOO

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.