Atlanta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Im trying to get some guidance on wiring this timer to my 120 volt pool pump a d salt water chlorinator. I’m having trouble understanding the wiring diagram that came with the timer. I have 2 black supply wires coming from the dual pole breaker, a black and white wire coming from the pump, and a black and white wire coming from the chlorinator. Any help on wiring would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 50
So pump label says 230/115. I ready that about the two black wires would mean 240 but I tested the wires with a multimeter and it shows 120 so I’m kind of confused.

Ok I think you are right and think this is the correct wiring for the pool pump. That being said would the chlorinator just connect to NO and NO2 as well then?

Attachments

• 611733E7-79E9-4DFF-A452-AA167188EFF3.jpeg
    611733E7-79E9-4DFF-A452-AA167188EFF3.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 80
Run the jumpers from lines-in as shown in the diagram. If you're connecting the pump and SWG, both would connect to the NO1 and NO2. If either component has stranded wire, run a solid-wire jumper from the terminals and make the two connections with a wire nut. Greeen ground wires will connect to the terminal in the box. You'll probably need a jumper there too.

Again, just a DIYer, not an electrician. If you're not comfortable with your plan, contact an electrician.

@ajw22 might be able to help.

One other question. The manufacturer just told me that if my pump was 240 volts then I can’t hook up the swg as well or else the timer could over heat. They said I should get a second timer. Says it only suitable for one 240 volt line or two 120 volt lines. I have them both attached now and it seems to work fine but I’m worried now. Not sure how I would even run two timers if I just have the one breaker??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.