Design the inside of my pool and spa

WalkerTribe7

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2018
Mission Viejo, ca
I need to figure out where we want steps, benches, lights, jets, etc. Looking for some feedback.

Problems I’m having-

Our pool isn’t very wide, and we have a large raised bond beam (+36”). We are trying to get it as deep as possible for kids to jump in and be safe. Off to the side is a jump off area for diving that we will make 8ft. But, I need bench areas. They won’t be able to climb out on that side of the pool because of the large bond beam, so I need safe areas for kids to rest if needed.

We have 5 active kids and we will have lots of friends over. Just trying to make it fun but safe for all to enjoy.

Additionally, no clue what to do in the spa and what is normal for a layout and jets.

Hoping to start excavation on Thursday, so I need to make decisions quick. Thanks in advance of your thoughts

Attachments

• 50056E0C-2BA2-4440-8499-F8681B17B9D0.jpeg
    50056E0C-2BA2-4440-8499-F8681B17B9D0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • A19D5DB6-46BC-40F3-AF00-E9D61404413A.jpeg
    A19D5DB6-46BC-40F3-AF00-E9D61404413A.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 37
  • E5C6F9F2-43E8-414D-A50C-235D18C94705.jpeg
    E5C6F9F2-43E8-414D-A50C-235D18C94705.jpeg
    545.7 KB · Views: 37
Okay so lets see if you like what I came up with:

-Red lines=curved "benches". They can be high enough for someone to get on and get out of the pool or they can be just high enough to stand on and enjoy the view. If you make the standing benches someone could still get out with and hop and push up with their arms.

-Bench right in front of the spa. People will enjoy sitting there chatting with the spa people.

-Bench 1=blue bench-goes all the way across the pool and you see how the steps into the pool will go infront of the shelf. Con to it is if someone jumps into the pool from that side of the house they could hit the bench......I think I just talked us out of that one!

-Bench 2=purple bench-notice how the steps go off the end of the bench. Con to that is if someone wants to use the these steps they will have to walk over anyone sitting on the bench. It might be better to put the steps like shown with bench 1.

-36" bond beam safety=a finger ledge! This is where the artist with the big saws push one row of the stone out far enough for someone to be able to hold on with their fingers. It is slight but should be enough for them to hand walk to the shallow end of the pool.

-shelf-I would put a small step in the corner closest to the house to help any one that needs it a step on to and out of the shelf.

Now if you don't like any of these ideas that is fine. It will NOT hurt my feelings. I tend to just throw ideas out there to see what sticks.

Spa-look up jet packs-I have seen them in one spa and thought they looked neat!. Placement of jets-small of back, calfs, shoulders, etc if you don't get the jet packs. (I am going to try to find them so I can link to them.)

Kim:kim:

Thank you SO much! And you and I were thinking similar on steps and benches. I will attach what I was playing around with (ignore the scribbles from my daughter also helping).

My biggest concern has been the raised bond beam. I’m so scared someone will need to hold on to something and there won’t be anything- finger ledge is amazing!!! What an awesome suggestion. Do they usually have it at about water level or a little higher? Also, for depth, we are pushing the drop as much as we can and can only pull off 6ft at that 36” drop. If kids aren’t jumping head first- is that sufficient? To the left at that curved area we will have 8 ft for head first diving. The depth scares me. Of course, I’m the mom always scared of someone getting hurt.

Love these ideas! Truly. Going to revise mine a little with the help of yours.

Attachments

• AB8B91F4-AB83-48FA-9A99-545438AA22B5.jpeg
    AB8B91F4-AB83-48FA-9A99-545438AA22B5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Great minds think alike!! The one thing to think about is the steps off the shelf not have a gap. Let it be a solid, curved "step". I bet there will be a lot of people sitting on it that want to be a little deeper in the water.

-finger ledge=just a tiny bit above the water edge. Now this is something you will have to be there when they are doing that stone work as it is not in the norm so they might forget and not put it in.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.