Depth Transition, 3:1 or 4:1?

I like it. If you have young swimmers and plan on staying there then best to have pool they can grow into. The steps and shelf are nice for even the littlest ones to gain confidence. The deeper half challenges and encourages the older kids and is safe for jumping and diving.
Estimate the gallons but I'm guessing 25 to 30K so figure that in when designing your filtration and sanitation methods. :snorkle:

Reactions: mickmurph
I'd keep the 3:1. The perimeter of the deep end is a slope too, where everyone has a sweet spot. One hand on the coping and their feet hit a different level of the side slope.

Screenshot_20230713_130410_OneDrive.jpgScreenshot_20230713_130528_Gallery.jpg

We lounge in the deep end the same way people do on the transition slope. We are just lined around the U shape area.

I'd keep the 3:1. The perimeter of the deep end is a slope too, where everyone has a sweet spot. One hand on the coping and their feet hit a different level of the side slope.

View attachment 513195View attachment 513196

We lounge in the deep end the same way people do on the transition slope. We are just lined around the U shape area.
Is it possible to do this even with a vinyl liner pool or is it too slippery?

Oh yeah. Mine's vinyl. The sides are steep, but it takes very little help to prop you up. If you back up to the corner with a foot on either ledge, you don't even need to hold on.

The corner is the best seat in the house. The warm/hot coping feels NICE on the shoulders. If it's too hot, splash some water on it and it's good for 20 mins.

Screenshot_20230713_130520_OneDrive.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mickmurph
Oh yeah. Mine's vinyl. The sides are steep, but it takes very little help to prop you up. If you back up to the corner with a foot on either ledge, you don't even need to hold on.

The corner is the best seat in the house. The warm/hot coping feels NICE on the shoulders. If it's too hot, splash some water on it and it's good for 20 mins.

View attachment 513216
Awesome! We will have a 3’ swim out bench on that corner as you can see in the diagram. This will be how the kids get in and out to the slide which will be on that edge of the pool.

Reactions: Newdude

View attachment 513216
Loved your stick figure sketch!

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.