Deposit Placed for April 2018 start In-ground Viking fiberglass. Many questions!

I read your update a few days ago and have been pondering the best solution but I think pp is correct in saying any fix will likely be worse than the problem. I would be inclined to leave it as is. Even my solar cover has a couple of little gaps as it wasn’t cut well by the installer. I think the variation in your coping won’t be noticeable to anyone other than you. Just think of it as a quirk! My pool has its share.

Ok, so still wouldn't attempt any fix which modifies the concrete, but I have one fix idea that I think might be easy and not look too bad. It will address the last few feet of the cover leading edge not meeting the concrete as the concrete turns away due to being incorrectly installed.

The idea is to take a piece of extra cover material (your blue vinyl) and use it as a large patch which will house something underneath of it which is built up to go from very thin to the gap thickness at the pool corner. Below is a really crude picture where the blue is the leading edge bar. The teal is teal is the filler material and the red is the patch made of cover material. The patch would get folded around the bar and glued on. The patch will be clearly visible but I have a patch on mine (from a rodent hole the size of a softball) and it's not a big deal. The material under the patch could also be cover material cut into layers like a pyramid and each glued down, creating the appropriate thickness as the span increases between the bar and the concrete.

Just a thought to get some juices flowing in case you are determined to make some attempted fix.

dbtgallery.php

Thank-you everyone for the well-thought out suggestions and replies. And the awesome diagram! Totally get what you're saying and am considering every option still - but had a conversation last night that didn't help, again. I'm still wavering on what to do and really appreciate all the responses. Even the ones that side with my wife! ;) Part of me really wants it done right and part of me just wants it to be over, but I really hate shoddy craftsmanship when I pay a premium for the opposite. Sorry for taking so long to reply - my mom is suffering from Alzheimer's and it was a busy week, I truly appreciate all the advice and input.

PB reached out today after we just discussed/showed pics with our concrete friend last night - in the concrete/construction business for 15+ years - and he's a huge fan of tearing out the whole patio and replacing it. According to him, anything worse than 1/8" is unacceptable. I still haven't made my last payment to PB (and it's only $7K little less than 10% of invoice) and my friend was encouraging me to hold PB accountable and to make it right. I replied to PB that friend/expert was going to inspect in person on Monday but was recommending replacing whole patio and doing it correctly - got a text from PB while writing this very timely:

He said he thinks this is one of their better concrete jobs (I disagree) and would not recommend to tear or grind but he is willing to work with us on a resolution (his words) which is very positive news. I can't wrap my head around it being one of their better jobs... I'm guessing that's some CYA.

I'm still also considering cutting the edges and installing some bullnose tile option which I also mentioned.

Also, I think the temp sensor on my SWG went out yesterday... it's just one thing after another.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.