Bronze Supporter
Jun 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I currently have a 2 hp single-speed motor on a Challenger pump and an FNS Plus 48. I have purchased a two-speed 1.5 hp motor and matching impeller which I will install on the existing wet end in place of the 2hp motor.

Fortuitously, a free Pentair FNS Plus 60 was up for grabs, and is now sitting under my deck.

Should I install the larger filter in combination with the installation of the two-speed 1.5 hp motor?

(Shown below is a diagram showing the rough outline and estimated pipe lengths.)

Pool piping layout3 b.jpg

That would be the perfect set up... :goodjob:

I have a VS pump that I run at about 1200 RPM.. I have no idea of the actual horse power at the that speed, but guess it is less than a 1/4 HP... I also have a CCP-520 cartridge filter.. This allow we to have plenty of flow with a filter pressure of only 1 lb.

I have been running it this way for the past 5 or 6 years and it works great.

Thanks,

Jim R.

That would be the perfect set up... :goodjob:

I have a VS pump that I run at about 1200 RPM.. I have no idea of the actual horse power at the that speed, but guess it is less than a 1/4 HP... I also have a CCP-520 cartridge filter.. This allow we to have plenty of flow with a filter pressure of only 1 lb.

I have been running it this way for the past 5 or 6 years and it works great.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim R,

Thanks for the input. I assumed there is no down side to a bigger filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.