Deck Jets - Yay or Nay?

phishphan

Jan 26, 2021
NC
Awaiting our dig date and still have time to make changes and I was thinking about deck jets. Looking at just the plain water ones. Already ruled out the Laminar because they are super expensive. Are the regular jets worth the additional install expense and punching another hole in the concrete? Also, I understand aeration increases PH which a saltwater pool is already prone to high PH by nature. Our pool will be in the south so is it just a smart move to help cool in the dogged summer months?

We were at a public pool recently with plain deck jets. Some of the smaller children loved playing in them and going under them, etc. This was 3 small 4 ft arc jets into a shallow end. Are you wanting it for the decor or the fun feature. As you noted on the pH increase but that is controllable. Ensure you have a Jandy 2 way valve on it to provide proper control and also the valve is repairable (do not get a standard on/off valve that can break over time).

The deck jets will not really lower the water temp like a shower type waterfall or sprinkler... it is 1 stream of water and the air will not be cooling it much at all... it may help raise the PH but by how much who knows... If you have them on a valve that can be turned on and off they do not have to run all the time...

The only other thing to think about is having a 2 way Jandy valve on each line to balance the flow along with a 3 way Jandy valve to turn it on and off..

Reactions: Shirker
We thought about getting two but ended up not. It is not a decision I have regretted so far. But I do wish I have some extra returns near the steps or our swim-out. For the expense, there are probably other areas to get a bigger bang for the buck.

Reactions: HermanTX
I wonder if I should explore a waterfall instead?
Well there are waterfalls (water over rocks flowing into a pool or water flowing over a wall into a pool), sheer decents (water flowing down a wall into the pool), scuppers (water flowing from it into a pool). Take your pick. I am sure there are even more options if you search the type of water feature you wish to have flowing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.