Deck Jet Nozzle Leaking

SOK03

Apr 14, 2020
Corpus Christi, TX
Parts Involved: 2- Hayward Deck Jet 500 / 1- Hayward Diverter Valve

Issue: The nozzle on one of the deck jets slowly leaks water and eventually leaks onto the surrounding area. It's a very slow leak, but has me concerned that there's possibly something fishy going on. These are brand new parts that were installed when the FG pool was put in (approx 2 weeks ago). There is one main diverter valve for the 2 jets, and it is shut all the way. So I'm just trying to understand why it's dribbling out water, and why is it only one with the problem and not both??

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP.

Sounds like the diverter valve is leaking. It would not be the first new valve with a bad diverter seal. Have you opened up the valve and examined it?

Welcome to TFP.

Sounds like the diverter valve is leaking. It would not be the first new valve with a bad diverter seal. Have you opened up the valve and examined it?
Thanks for the reply. As to your question, no, I haven't opened up the valve yet.

We have 2 jets installed though..if it was the valve seal, wouldn't both be letting out water? IDK...I may just have to open it up or ask to see if the pool company will check it out since they just installed it. Thanks again for the post.

Water follows the path of least resistance. Depending on how the pipes are connected a low flow may dribble into one pipe and not the other.

On a new install I would make it the installers problem and call them.

Reactions: SOK03
I have a call into the installer. Of course now that they're supposed to come check it out, I noticed today that the leaking has stopped...
I'm wondering if the leak was simply a result of the residual water that was left in the lines after closing the valve being forced out under pressure or something. I know nothing about plumbing however; so that entirely speculation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.