Mcow

Jul 5, 2017
Greenville, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi Guys hoping to get some advice on this. We are getting our travertine deck installed and AFTER the guys did the drains our PB is asking if we are going to be ok with the "V" slope in this really small area. They currently have it set up for 3 circular deck drains. This area is only 5' of decking from out patio to the pool copping. There is a slight slope from the patio to the copping.

1) Do we really even need deck drains in the tiny area.
2) If so I think the answer would be to do a trench drain right before the copping but I am not a drainage expert. IMG_3573.jpegIMG_3574.jpegIMG_3574.jpegIMG_3573.jpegScreen Shot 2022-04-30 at 9.08.29 AM.png

You want the deck to slope away from the pool and away from the house, so that seems like a sensible plan. The water has to go somewhere.

I'm jealous of the huge yard!

They have it set up like it should be. Once they screed it out properly and cover with pavers, you should only notice slight slopes to drains, and they can cut your drain covers from a paver.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.