Deck/collar question on new fiberglass pool

From what I have read a cantilevered deck can form the concrete collar. Just have to have a concrete guy who knows how to do cantilevered decks.

Last edited:
From what I have read a cantilevered deck can form the concrete collar. Just have to have a concrete guy who knows how to do cantilevered decks.
Thanks for your response. We're actually using an aluminum bullnose coping that is part of the autocover track (from APC), like this:
1567598927079.png

With this coping, there shouldn't be any specific skill required to pour, screed, and finish the concrete to the top of the coping. I'm leaning toward drilling into the pool lip to place fiberglass composite rebar like this going horizontally outward from the pool walls (suspended in the middle of the slab). I'd then pour the collar and deck slab all in one pour with fiber-reinforced concrete. My main concern with this plan would be the amount of inward pressure the collar and slab might put on the pool walls. Obviously I need to keep them from deforming during the pour. Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.