Decisions Decisions!

MeowKitty

Jan 9, 2020
Houston Texas
We are building a pool for the first time and feel overwhelmed with picking travertine, water line tile and pebble color(wet edge or stonescapes).
Our pool & spa are geometric with clean lines, a modern feel. We have NO clue what color or pebble ie water to pick. And I'm worried our waterline tile oval might not look good. It has zero blue in it and almost all the pools we see have blue in the tile. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

20200110_131918.jpg20200111_131222.jpg

Oh be still my BLING loving heart! I LOVE those tiles!!! BLING to the max AND very classic looking!

Who cares what everyone else does? NOT me! Do what makes you (and me LOL) happy!

One thing to think about with that tile is the color of mortar under it. That will change the color of the tile. Get some different color paint cards that come close to matching the different mortar colors (grays and whites-can find samples on the bags). Put the tile on the paint cards in the sun in YOUR yard to see which one you like the best.

THEN borrow the grout sticks to pick the grout color. White will make each tile stand out where a soft gray will blend them in more. BOTH will be pretty. Which one do you like the best.

Now lets talk plaster color. I am going to share a thread we started to help pick plaster colors. You will see how the water depth changes the color of the water and plaster!

Oh and I like the oval ones the best but both are VERY pretty!

Let me know your thoughts after reading all of this! I can't wait to hear more!

Kim:kim:

Oh be still my BLING loving heart! I LOVE those tiles!!! BLING to the max AND very classic looking!

Who cares what everyone else does? NOT me! Do what makes you (and me LOL) happy!

One thing to think about with that tile is the color of mortar under it. That will change the color of the tile. Get some different color paint cards that come close to matching the different mortar colors (grays and whites-can find samples on the bags). Put the tile on the paint cards in the sun in YOUR yard to see which one you like the best.

THEN borrow the grout sticks to pick the grout color. White will make each tile stand out where a soft gray will blend them in more. BOTH will be pretty. Which one do you like the best.

Now lets talk plaster color. I am going to share a thread we started to help pick plaster colors. You will see how the water depth changes the color of the water and plaster!

Oh and I like the oval ones the best but both are VERY pretty!

Let me know your thoughts after reading all of this! I can't wait to hear more!

Kim:kim:
Thank you! The penny round and the oval are the same color, but oval is our fave. We considered doing penny rounds in the spa, but changed it to all oval. Penny rounds were a bit busy. Its impossible to get a decent picture but one tile has glitter!20200117_142310.jpg20200117_142326.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kimmielea
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.