Decent leak from above ground pool pump

jcrew6311

Apr 11, 2020
Arizona
2nd year using this best way pool pump. I know people mention they're not great, and I wasn't expecting a miracle. However it has worked great to keep our pool clean for a whole year and now going on 2. 1 problem though, there's a decent running leak coming from the frame and I'm not sure how I can get it to stop. Is there some kind of sealant I can use to fix this?

Also, it was supposed to be a video attached but apparently it just turned it into a picture. You should be able to get the idea. It's not just a light drip, it's a consistent running leak.

I don't recall that pump. Is that a Bestway model or do you know what make/model it is? Hard to tell form the small pic, but it looks like it may be leaking at the seal plate area where the motor and pump basket come together. Any chance it's leaking at the collar/union connection above and just running down?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.