Debating owner built pool in Houston

elch1

Jun 22, 2022
Houston, TX
Hi All,

I will first start by saying, this site is amazing! The collaboration by folks who just want to help each other out is really nice to see.
I'm debating doing an owner build but am having trouble finding a company to design and produce construction plans. I finally found one last week that wants $1500 for design and $3000 for construction plans and permits.
Seems but my only point of reference is my home renovation engineer's plans which cost me $3500 three years ago. What do yall think?

Steel engineering plans for swimming pools (#100 ) start around $150.00
Depending on soils condition and surrounding slopes (uphill/downhill) may require supplemental plans around $100.00 each.
Construction plans or pool drawings depending on what type of detail you are wanting can and often are drawn by the home owner for owner builders. If the homeowner is not comfortable doing the drawing a landscape architect can have them drawn up and that typically will start around $1,500.00
Applying for the permit may be time consuming depending on the city or county but typically is very basic process.
This process I’m explaining is started by owner builders in my area of SoCal every day, I do understand you are located in Texas but my intent is to give you an understanding of the process in general, hope this help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.