"Dead zone" in 22' Intex AGP.

Msch99

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2018
Verona, MO
I take our water sample from the far side of the pool from the pump. After getting some weird FC readings, I realized that I had sampled near our pump instead of my normal spot and the FC was higher there. The pump area is also somewhat shaded from a large tree, so maybe 1/3rd of the pool may be shaded most of the day. Leaves, pollen, etc fall into the pool causing most (I believe) of the CC rises.
I have not tried sampling 1/4 the way around, only a few feet from pump and across from pump.

I have been running the Dolphin robot more often to help stir things up, which has helped some. I don't log it, but nearly every time we get in, we use the whale brush on the sides and a broom in the corner where the vinyl is sewn and has an overlap the robot can't brush against.

Today after the gkids and son in law swam for over and hour, jumping and splashing, we still had a significant difference in readings.
Our pool has two inlets (not skimmer type, below water line type) to the pump, but they are located only maybe 10' from the pump outlet to the pool.

I believe my pool math app is enabled so you can see the logs. Missing some details maybe but should give a good idea. The swg is undersized, so I usually add CL daily or every other day depending on swim load etc. I have it running from 630am to 630pm.

Pool is clear and sparkling, but makes me nervous when I get some readings below 4. 2.5 yesterday and I think a zero the day before that.

Thinking maybe to install a wide mouth skimmer on the far side from the pump and run hose back around to inlet on pump to try and get more water movement?
Thanks in advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.