Dead Skin Flakes in Softub

I had a friend visit for a soak in the Softub a week ago. She got a sunburn on a recent vacation and as I found out she had a lot of skin peeling off. Now my My ex-friends skin flakes are kind of suspended in the water. Too small to pick up in the skimmer net. And the Softub has an odd bottom-mounted filter that is not picking up much of it.

- Can I use a flocking agent?
- Enzymes maybe?
- panty hose across the hand skimmer?

Also, is a filter worth cleaning/soaking/TSP disinfecting or should I just replace it?
It doesn't look dirty, but it's probably been in the tub for 6-12 months of operation at least.

Yes nylon panty hose will help filter the water and you can get a kitchen strainer also.
Don't add any new chemicals, chlorine will take care of it eventually.
I always keep a spare clean filter and switch the old one out after a month. I clean the old one with a hose then soak it in a bucket of diluted bleach solution.
How often do you drain your tub, it may be time. Here read this.......Spa Soup: Why We Dump Spa Water - AQUA Magazine

A few skin flakes alone should not ruin a friendship.
Have you heard of the bodies "microbial cloud"?
"Humans emit upwards of 106 biological particles per hour, and have long been known to transmit pathogens to other individuals and to indoor surfaces. However it has not previously been demonstrated that humans emit a detectable microbial cloud into surrounding indoor air, nor whether such clouds are sufficiently differentiated to allow the identification of individual occupants."........Humans differ in their personal microbial cloud

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.