DE waste to drywall?

I would lower the top speed to 2,450 RPM in the settings.
JamesW : I could lower the top speed as you suggest, but that speed is not enough to keep my pool heater from generating a Hi Limit 2 error. I find at 2500, the heater gives error message. At 2800, it works like a charm. Last year it worked at 2500 but not this season.

Could I have issue with impeller on pump? Pump is from 2011. Heater too. And my returns in the pool don't look as powerful as prior years at any given pump speed.

Agreed. So start with the easily accessible stuff. Can you cut and/or redirect the pipe between the new tank and the drywell temporarily? That way you could run the new system/pump and see if the problem remains (new system problem) or if the problem goes away (dry well problem worth moving the shed for)
I just spoke to the builder who did the house originally in 2000. He says well would be underground and not in survey because it could not be seen. He remembers the house but not the details of the project and says his records are gone (and doubts the subcontractor would have records either). His suggestion is to abandon use of the drywell and simply run a new pipe into the woods - that might be the easiest way. As long as the drainage never went to the septic and caused any issues there (builder had forgotten that pool house had its own septic until I reminded him).

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
When is the last time you did a full teardown of the filter and actually washed the grids?
About two weeks ago. I completely tore it down and washed the grids with a hose getting 100% of the DE off all of them. It was clean then I am sure. Before I cleaned the heater would not operate at 2800 either - needed 3300. So it got better, but still not what it used to be. And I hosed the grids very well, but did not soak in detergent or anything like that. [last comment added in edit]

Last edited:
Good news. Finally set the Intelliflo pump to maximum rate of 2800 and got it not to prime all the time so its flowing at 2350 to DE tank now. And tank pressure stays under 20 psi - does not seem to be a drainage issue. I was prepared to run 2" pipe from the tank to another location, but thought I would do one more test first and it worked.

And thanks to everyone for their input.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.