DE Filter Cleaning

If your grids were indeed damaged it would would let the DE pass through the grids into the pool and shoot out of the return jets. If that's not the case then a very thorough cleaning of each and every component belonging to the filter including the manifold with the filter screen. Have seen this done before, someone wanting to do a spectacular job cleaning the filter with a pressure washer basically rendering it useless due to the damage done to the grids. A good strong garden hose nozzle is more thane enough. Take lots of pictures before the dismantling begins to have a guide when it's time to reassemble. One item I recommend to have a spare of is the long brass nut for the filter band. The brass is softer then the screw which means the brass can strip out any time. Without it you don't have a working filter. Also, no oil to the screw or the brass as it will make it hard to feel when overthightenig and will strip out very fast.

Putting the clamp back on is my least favorite part of cleaning my DE filter. I've had little leaks in the past and it takes more time than I'd like to take it apart again, etc. I've found that I have to have it pretty tight to avoid leaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.