Day 6 of fresh fill and got rain last night, questions?

Winstonselect848

May 8, 2020
Tacoma/Washington
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi
Day 6 of fresh fill and got rain last night. Let me start off by saying Friday I anticipated heavy bathers and lots of sun(80* in the PNW) so tried to add enough bleach 8.25% to compensate for those factors to get to 7ppm. Well neither of those things happend. Not alot of sun and not much swimming. So when I tested saturday morning
FC 7.8
CC.4
PH 7.4
TA, CYA, did not test.
So given those numbers I added nothing. Cloudly and mild all day pool stayed covered with solar cover. Last night it rained. So didnt get to test till about 1pm this after noon.
FC 2.4
CC 0
PH > 7.0 didnt hit 7.0 mark
TA 90
CYA 32 just below 30 maybe 32.
Questions
I didnt think I would loose that much chlorine in one day of no use should I shoot for 6ppm today? And
How do you measure less than 7.0 PH on my Taylor 2006 to add to pool math and get PH to rise?
Lastly should I just enter 32 on CYA to get back up to 40? I was told that anything under 40 is 30. Is that right?
So today add
CYA then FC not sure what to do about PH. I am aerating now. A few days ago I got from 7.0 to 7.4 PH with 3hrs aeration.
Going to wait a short time for response before I adjust.
Thanks
Jeff

Last edited:
We round CYA up. If the dot disappears between 30 and 20 you call it 30. If the dot disappears between 40 and 30 you call it 40.

We round CYA up. If the dot disappears between 30 and 20 you call it 30. If the dot disappears between 40 and 30 you call it 40.
One more thing
When I am measuring my FC every day usually somewhere between 2.4 and 7ppm should I be using the 25ml @ .2ppm or use the [email protected]? I have been doing 25ml but anytime I am over 4ppm or more that's 20 drops or more. Seems like I should use the 10ml test so save reagent?
Thanks
Jeff
P.S. my son is AJW also! 😁

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.