Day 10 Of New Plaster Start Up

Vukota12

Jul 3, 2020
New Jersey
Day 10 of traditional quartz aggregate start up and using pucks (I know don’t kill me) and want to raise to from near zero to 3ppm. Very hot weather on tap so how many pucks would I need? I am using 3 inch Bioguard silk guard complete. PH is running high and treating with MA. Thanks

Hot weather has nothing to do with how many pucks you need for the FC needs of your pool.

What test kit do you have?

Post your water chemistry in your Pool math logs.

8oz of Trichlor will raise your 22,000 gallon pool FC by 2.5, raise CYA by 1.5, and lower pH by 0.13.

See Recommended Levels

• Love
Reactions: Vukota12
Do remember that pucks/tabs are stabilized and release slow. If you need a *now* boost, liquid chlorine will get you there in minutes and buy you more time to address any other issues.

The pool services and folks who don’t want to test daily use them to hopefully bridge the gap until the next test / servicing. They can be useful for you to help raise the CYA at startup, or down the road if you go on vacation and have some wiggle room with your CYA/Calcium at that time. :)

• Love
Reactions: Vukota12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.