Dawn Dish Soap clean Sand in Filter

Gis

Jun 25, 2019
Conover, NC
Well I decided to try it out in my sand filter in ground pool. Cleaned debris out of pool. Chlorine level up. Put hose in pool put clean water in pool. I took hot water in a bucket to filter with the duck picture dawn soap bottle. Shut pump off and open filter basket by pump squeezed quarter of it in after cleaned basket. Filled with hot water secured and turned filter on long enough to get to sand 5 seconds in filter. Shut off and switched to backwash. Let sit 20 or whatever you want all night. Turned backwash on 5 seconds put a good squeeze in the filter basket on deck to sand filter. Then let sit again 10 minutes or all night. Then kept durning on and off backwash 3 or 4 times letting it sit 3 to 5 minutes between. Then turned to rinse for 3 to 5 min or until clear water. Turned on filter. Let run 24 to 48 hours. Test chemicals then shocked and put in product called No Mor Problems. Filter 24 hours but shut off next morning to vacuum, backwash, and rinse. Not sure it worked to remove grease and grime in sand, but pool looks great so far. But just finished with rinse after dawn soap. I will test later or in morning. I plan to only do this twice a season halfway through Summer and before close pool for season. Try to update tomorrow.

Attachments

• 15614888665324621248674348505483.jpg
    15614888665324621248674348505483.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the forum!
Be aware that the algaecide you added will turn your pool into a Bromine pool. The only way to get rid of that is to drain. And it will mess with your FC testing and ability to hold chlorine levels in your pool water.

Not sure I would put detergent into my pool system. There are cleaners such as Ahhsome for biofilms. Doing a deep clean of your sand filter is recommended each year.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.