Date on bleach question

I would think the purity would be pretty good with it being less than 2 months old... However it might have been stored outside in the heat and sunshine for all but a few of those days...
If it was me I would jump on that deal pretty quick at least for a few gallons.. Bring them home and see if they raise FC like pool math says they should.. If the bleach performs I would go back and stock up because that is a humdinger of a price at least compared to what it cost in my neck of the woods.

Went back to get a few more and it's was $2.95 a gallon. It was the dollar general brand. It's says concentrated. Does that mean it has a thickener in it? It seemed thin like regular Clorox when I poured it

Went back to get a few more and it's was $2.95 a gallon. It was the dollar general brand. It's says concentrated. Does that mean it has a thickener in it? It seemed thin like regular Clorox when I poured it
Concentrated means the concentration is higher than 'normal'. With 'normal' defined as anywhere from ~2%-6%. Usually "concentrated" means 8.25% or more, although I saw some 6% Clorox earlier today that was labeled as "concentrated".

The thickening stuff is usually labeled as "Easy-Pour", "Splashless", or something close to that.

Gotcha. What's the most I should buy at one time? I'm keeping them in my laundry room and my house stays about 75deg. I just started the pool up a few days ago and the sun is eating the chlorine up fast. I have the stabilizer hanging in a sock right now since last night.

Gotcha. What's the most I should buy at one time? I'm keeping them in my laundry room and my house stays about 75deg. I just started the pool up a few days ago and the sun is eating the chlorine up fast. I have the stabilizer hanging in a sock right now since last night.
Depends on how much your pool uses per day and the concentration that you buy.

My pool uses about a half-gallon of 8.25% or 10% per day, plus or minus a fudge factor. I just bought 18 gallons of 8.25% bleach today from Walmart and have no worries about them going bad in the next month or two, or even degrading enough that it would matter.

Go here for a more detailed response. Most bleach, if stored in good conditions, will last a decent amount of time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.