Dark stuff - bottom of pool

Dpooltest

May 28, 2019
New york
My pool was opened last week, I am pretty sure that the debris on the cover found its way into the the water, but can't confirm. I spent a few days shocking the pool, vaccuming (pool was a little cloudy, and middle had pile of leaves), then backwashed my sand filter and added dry CYA. Water is clear, OCLT are good, no CC, but little piles of black dirt / bacteria? are accumulating (mostly in wrinkles of liner). I vaccumed two days ago, everything looked clear and the next days spots were back. What is this, and how do clear / clean? Is it safe to swim in?

My pool was opened last week, I am pretty sure that the debris on the cover found its way into the the water, but can't confirm. I spent a few days shocking the pool, vaccuming (pool was a little cloudy, and middle had pile of leaves), then backwashed my sand filter and added dry CYA. Water is clear, OCLT are good, no CC, but little piles of black dirt / bacteria? are accumulating (mostly in wrinkles of liner). I vaccumed two days ago, everything looked clear and the next days spots were back. What is this, and how do clear / clean? Is it safe to swim in?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.