Dark Pebbletec and heat issues in summer?

We're a month or two away from having to finalize the Pebbletec finish/color and I am leaning towards a black finish as it complements my home (modern farmhouse that is white w/ black trim). However, since, I'm in Arcadia, CA, it gets pretty toasty during the summers (100+ degrees) and the pool will not have much shading during the afternoon hours. Will we potentially risk running into issues of the water being a bit too warm with a dark Pebbletec, like some folks in Vegas and Phoenix?

Our pool is 16'x41' with interior sunken spa (7'x7') and the depth goes from 3' to 8' deep. Thanks!

So how cool does it get at night there? I'm in DFW and on the high 90's and 100 days in July and August it is still 80deg at night sometimes.

We like the dark color water also. The standard for our PB is Pebblesheen but to it is an upgrade to get some of the darker colors like Ocean Blue which is our favorite. Previously I never though about water getting warmer with a darker finish. We will stick with one of the standard colors Blue Granite or Blue Surf. I'm kind of glad the Ocean Blue was an upgrade because we don't want to spend the extra $1800 for it, otherwise we would've gotten it not thinking about the water possibly being hotter and might have regretted.

I wouldn't worry about it matching the house. The pool floor is its own entity. Pick the color of your finish based on the color water you want.

I have black marble Pebble Tec and our climates are similar. If I leave the pool uncovered, temps don't get above 86 degrees towards the end of the day. Morning temps have been around 81 to 82 degrees.

We don’t have a dark finish but our pool has been almost too warm the last couple of weeks. Seems to be holding at 91. We’ve been aerating trying to cool it a bit. Our lows are in the 80s.

Hi.
I'm in Chino Ca and we had pebble sheen prism blue put in this May.
There is no shade on our pool at all, and the warmest its gotten so far is 84 on these 100 degree days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.