Dang, I'm an idiot!!!

Mar 22, 2018
Richmond
Please tell me I am not the only one that accidentally floods the pool at least once per season. I had just gotten all of the chemicals perfect and the pool was becoming trouble free when I went to add about an inch of water. Got distracted took the kids to softball practice, came home cooked and ate dinner watched a show and went to bed. Lying in the quiet bedroom asked my wife do you hear water running??? Uhhhggg its so frustrating...

• Haha
Reactions: JamesW
Protip: for any adding or removing water, set a cellphone timer. Ask me how I know. :)

Running a bath, sprinklers, draining or filling the pool............. yeah. Lalalalalalalala DOH!!!!!

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
I once left a drip hose with a spray head on the end watering a crepe myrtle tree and some shrubs running for 26 hours before realizing it. The next day I'm pulling in to my garage after dropping the kids off at school and wondering why the base of that block wall is soaking wet .... the entire retained wall between my home and the basketball court was flooded with what I could only estimate as about 6000 gallons of water. The entire area was saturated and the full length of the retaining wall was soaked like a sponge with water percolating through it ... my dog was in all her joyous glory playing in the muddy puddles and fighting the misty spray from the spray head ...

That was an unplanned for $300 extra payment to Tucson water that I'm sure made the executives there very happy ... I know the crepe myrtle loved it, it bloomed for weeks even in the hottest days of the year ...

• Haha
Reactions: cznkane

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.