Dallas (Southlake) Area New Build - July 2022 - Construction Thread

This is one beautiful pool build! It's going to be so gorgeous when everything is done! I can't wait to see the final product.

Filled finally - hopefully, after mechanical startup tomorrow, we can fill the spa completely and run the perimeter overflow on the spa.

I think it will look a lot better when all the tile is cleaned as it’s atrociously dirty.

View attachment 517372View attachment 517373
Amazing build - your designer should get a tip! Just kidding would love to see that in person!

Joe

I couldn't imagine heating that entire pool, then again I couldn't imagine this entire project.

Question on the plaster, shouldn't this be filled a few hours after it's been applied?

I couldn't imagine heating that entire pool, then again I couldn't imagine this entire project.

Question on the plaster, shouldn't this be filled a few hours after it's been applied?

It had to be acid washed (which really smoothed out and homogenized the plaster finish and color) before it could be filled with water. Plaster company said they generally do acid wash the day after plaster. We started filling immediately after the acid wash.

You know we NEED to have a video of it running when it starts! You can put it on youtube to show it all off!!!

I will try to do that when it all gets dialed in.

The water wall needs a lot of tweaking to get the uniform flow, speed, tile-created splash, and stone stepper splashing (I hate that last part) dialed in.

Water cascade around the spa also needs work too as it’s too turbulent and splashing on the deck near the basin. I will have a glass safety fence there eventually around the basin so I want to get that also dialed in so it’s not unsightly.

The whole infinity edge ended up being amazingly level. I was worried, but it seems unnecessarily so.

Doing flatwork tile, electrical and hopefully turf over the next week so it should really start coming together. I am also really looking forward to seeing the decorative shade panel for the cabana. It’s still in fabrication.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That’s a fantastic project. Congratulations!
We going through a build at the moment and I can’t wait for completion.

Would you be willing to share the details on the tile you used on the pool spillovers (lighter color) and the darker tile that surrounds the spa?

We’re in the middle of designing a pool and my wife loves your design. We’re going for a more modern aesthetic as well.

Would you be willing to share the details on the tile you used on the pool spillovers (lighter color) and the darker tile that surrounds the spa?

We’re in the middle of designing a pool and my wife loves your design. We’re going for a more modern aesthetic as well.
Of course. Happy to help

They are both Mosa Terra Tones. I think it’s color 206 and color 203, but I can verify that tomorrow.

Each numerical color set comes in three slightly different complementary tones and you mix and match them when you lay them. They come in a variety of different size planks and tiles. Mine are 2 x 24 planks and laid out in thirds.

Let me know if you need anything else on that tile or otherwise.

Reactions: sll0037
That is amazing! Great project. It would drive me crazy not having the basketball court parallel to the pool, but that's probably just me. I know it follows your property line. You're going to love that no matter my OCD! Congrats.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.