Daily Stenner Automation...want to get to weekly FC testing.

PoolStored

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 24, 2021
Ashtabula, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Pool is great and running good. Installed Stenner on smart plug and using Alexa routine to start and stop smart plug. Works great. I test, then adjust "pool pump off routine" to end at the appropriate time for the amount of chlorine I need.

What I want to do is to set a "normal amount" and let it run for the week rather than testing everyday.

General FC results:
Pool cover on all day FC Loss: 0.5
Pool cover on part day and some swimming FC loss: 1-1.5
Pool cover off all day (sunny) and swimming FC loss: 2-2.5

If I take the results for the last 10 days (Actuals below) and use 1PPM daily addition, I get 3.5 Min. If I use 1.3PPM addition, my average is 7.5 end of day, min of 6 and max of 8.8.

1627410931484.png

The question. If I am cognizant of "sequence of demand" issues (i.e. multiple days remaining covered (low deman), or multiple days uncovered/sunny/swimmers high demand). Seems to make sense that I can run at 1.3ppm daily addition and weekly tests.

Thoughts?

Does testing at least every other day take that much effort? Even using the OTO every other day and test the FAS-DPD every week, once you know your pool, will keep from issues.

Going a week between testing your FC, well, will result in an issue eventually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.