Hwmeador

May 8, 2022
Ft worth, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
What is a normal Daily FC loss level? I am located in Fort Worth, TX.

Background: This year I installed a Stenner pump and liquid chlorine injection on my pool. The system works like a champ and my FC hold super steady. What I have noted is now moving into June I am already using ~ 2.8ppm worth of chlorine in order to maintain the correct FC level. I know this because the stenner pump is the fixed rate 10 gpd and I control exactly how long it runs with programming.

FC: 5-6 (tested 5/25 AM was 6ppm)
CYA: 50
pH: 7.6
Water is crystal clear and all is good with the pool. I don't have any chlorine consumption issues (ONCLT), it just appears that this is my normal consumption rate.
I should also note that my pool is in the full sun all day, no shade.

Pumping routine: I developed a timing program where I pump in ~0.3-0.6ppm each hour throughout the day when the pump is running. I did this to simulate chlorine being generated and replaced as it is used rather than a large spike. My total time with the stenner pump running is currently 1 hour. This is 52 ounces of chlorine (12.5%) on a daily basis. Should I try to raise my CYA level slightly? Just deal with it?

NORMAL for North Texas in my 13 year experience will average 4 FC daily when we turn into the surface of the sun! YMMV based on bather load, amount of direct sun on pool, environmental variables and such. Use that as a good "base" number and adjust accordingly. July August I suggest taking that CYA to 60. Won't hurt now either!

Pool Math says that adding 52 ounces of 12.5% in your pool volume raises FC by 2.8 btw.

~3.5-4 FC usage (with 50 PPM CYA) was normal for me last year in the hottest part of the summer, so that sounds about right. I never calculated it out perfectly, but that seems spot on with what I was adding. Yours doesn't seem too bad for the weather we're currently getting. My SWCG is still dialed back quite a bit, but I'm sure it's going to pick up here within the next couple of weeks.

15k Gunite Pool, ~30% shaded

FC Dosing : 10% Chlorine TPF methodology

Dosing Frequency :

May - Early November : Every other day

November - April : Varies from every 3 to 6 days

My average FC Depletion Rates :

May : 1-2

June : 2-2.5

July : 2.5-3.25

August : 2.8-3.0

September : 2.25-3.0

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.