Daily Flushing of Chiller and Heater Required?

markdpratt

Gold Supporter
Dec 24, 2020
Lake Charles, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I run my bubblers and scuppers at least once per day for 15 minutes apiece to ensure their lines are properly chlorinated.

Should I be doing the same for my gas-fired heater and my Glacier chiller?

Thanks.

Unless you have bypass valves on the units water is always flowing through the heater and chiller.

You should fire up your heater once a week for 15 minutes to keep insects from nesting in it.

Thanks Allen. I do have a bypass on my heater and have been operating our pool with the heater on bypass this summer while operating our chiller.
With the worst of the summer behind us and the need for the chiller gone, I will line the heater back up and begin running it for short intervals weekly like you recommend.
I’ll also drain the chiller.
Thanks again.

When the heater is bypassed you should leave the valve cracked open for a bit of water to flow through the heater. Both Pentair and Jandy recommend that with their factory bypass valve kits and it keeps the water in the heat exchanger fresh without affecting any of the benefits.

When the heater is bypassed you should leave the valve cracked open for a bit of water to flow through the heater. Both Pentair and Jandy recommend that with their factory bypass valve kits and it keeps the water in the heat exchanger fresh without affecting any of the benefits.
Got it - will do. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.