Daily FC Loss

Tammi

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2010
I thought I read here at TFP that you lose half your FC every day? I supershocked my pool to 29 ppm on September 8th and am surpised it has already come down to about 6-7 ppm here on the 11th....I'm doing an overnight FC test to make sure I'm done shocking, but by the looks of the water, I would say so...I'm not sure I really had mustard algae, which is why I shocked to 29 (CYA 50)...I'm going to bring it up to 13ppm the night before I close...does this sound good? Thanks, all you awesome people, this has been a trouble free swim season!

With a CYA of 50, you should lose be losing a little less than that so I suspect you had (or likely still have) some algae in the pool.

I would recommended bringing FC up to around 20 and then do an overnight FC loss test to see if the FC drops. It should drop less than 1.0 overnight so if it drops more than that, you need to maintain shock level until that test is successful to kill all the algae

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.