D.E. Filter Collar with Two Spring-loaded Clamps

rn22lr

Apr 26, 2013
The information I have found about removing the spring-loaded clamp on a d.e. filter seem to only refer to having one clamp on the collar. Are the videos and online information ignoring the second clamp or is there only one on the newer style collars?

rn,

How about posting a pic, so that we have a better idea what you are talking about??

Every DE filter I have seen only has one spring-loaded clamp, so a pic would really help.

Thanks,

Jim R.

rn,

I think you should contact the "Antique Road Show" on PBS... :mrgreen:

I have never seen that set up before, but can't see any difference in how you would take it off or put it on...

Just note how far the threaded bolt sticks out of each clamp, and make sure you have the same amount when you put it back together..

Mine sounds like they are being tortured, when I'm tightening them. Just cover your ears and keep tightening until they look right. I also tap the metal band as I am tightening the bolt, or bolts in your case.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.