Cyanuric acid

I would talk to both ebay and the shipper but I think that the shippingng is the bigger issue. Proper labeling and handling would be critical. I 've worked as a driver and on loading docks and I'd hate to be in a trailer when a case of muriatic acid gets stabbed by a pallet loader.

Mike.

Just found this on Amazon.com does this really work sold by a pool company "Bio Active-Cyanuric Reducer"?
unknown.jpg

Also found on eBay,16oz Pkg COMMERCIAL STRENGTH Bio-Active Cyanuric Acid Reducer for over 100ppmCYA[h=2]Bio-Active Products, Inc.[/h]

Just found this on Amazon.com does this really work sold by a pool company "Bio Active-Cyanuric Reducer"?
unknown.jpg

Also found on eBay,16oz Pkg COMMERCIAL STRENGTH Bio-Active Cyanuric Acid Reducer for over 100ppmCYA[h=2]Bio-Active Products, Inc.[/h]
In the past year we have had several folks say they have used it. Those who use recommended test kits and have posted reliable results have shown little to no reduction in CYA.

Those who have posted that it has worked for them have not been able to show reliable testing data. Usually they only had pool store numbers or,just posed once to say it is better than sliced white bread.

Without Independant testing we are reticent to recommend its use.

The "science" behind it is well known. Every year folks show up here in the spring talking about how their CYA "disappeared" over the winter. Is their a bacteria or other biological action that consumes CYA, we say yes. But at this point the mechanism of its use has not been identified. There is some required condition (time/light/temperature/chlorine level or something else) that makes it work in one pool and not another. Personally, I think they have the organism that consumes CYA identified, but have been unable to identify the conditions that makes it happy to do its work.

unknown.jpg

In a word, "Nope". Been tested by a number of members and no measurable reduction was found.

In the past year we have had several folks say they have used it. Those who use recommended test kits and have posted reliable results have shown little to no reduction in CYA.

Those who have posted that it has worked for them have not been able to show reliable testing data. Usually they only had pool store numbers or,just posed once to say it is better than sliced white bread.

Without Independant testing we are reticent to recommend its use.

The "science" behind it is well known. Every year folks show up here in the spring talking about how their CYA "disappeared" over the winter. Is their a bacteria or other biological action that consumes CYA, we say yes. But at this point the mechanism of its use has not been identified. There is some required condition (time/light/temperature/chlorine level or something else) that makes it work in one pool and not another. Personally, I think they have the organism that consumes CYA identified, but have been unable to identify the conditions that makes it happy to do its work.

Can't understand why they are quite a few videos on Youtube on this product if it doesn't work. This video had the Scientific Conditions on a chart displayed in the middle of the video if you are interested. I don't understand that stuff and it does seem to require certain conditions as you stated for it to work, if it works. I read one review that said they had to add a second bag for it to work for them but reviews are not always legitimate. I also got out of the video that this organism I guess degrades the cya faster than it will eventually. This is the first I have heard that it can or will eventually degrade in time..... how long was not mentioned. Here's the video: Bio-Active Cyanuric Acid Reducer - Overview - YouTube. It would be great if it did work though.

unknown.jpg

Search Bio-active on this site. Been discussed to death. Short version: doesn't work as well as we had all hoped.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can't understand why they are quite a few videos on Youtube on this product if it doesn't work.
Yes, that is quite the mystery. Maybe the quality control team that inspects each video for scientific accuracy made a mistake. Hopefully, someone can ask them to review the video again.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FakeScience101/

Here’s a whole channel about fake science. I don’t know how they slipped past the quality control team, especially since they come right out and say that it’s fake.

10 Real Bigfoot Sightings Caught on Tape - YouTube

Leslies charges $50 - $60 and 60% of the reviews say it doesn't work, amazon has over 60% say no but at least you only waste $30, here at TFP I haven't seen anyone say it works yet which of the 3 places is the only one with people that actually know what is in their water.... Cheaper to drain at least that was the route I went...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.