Mar 21, 2018
Bay City, Texas
CYA was 152 today. Pool store told me to drain 1/2 my pool water.....im freaking out. Recommendations?? I'm not one to jump on what pool store says but I'm worried about what to do. Water looks beautiful!!

In ground gunite
31,000 gallons
Pool 2 years old
Jandy

We can't really make recommendations based on pool store readings. They are very unreliable, we don't even suggest ever getting water tested at a pool store.

Do you happen to have your own test kit? Preferably a TF-100 or Taylor k-2006c?

You need to get your own proper test kit. Pool store tests are inaccurate, unreliable, and not repeatable.

I suggest the TF100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

I would not act on a pool store test result. Get your own kit and we can help you determine what the next steps are.
I suggest your read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and How to Chlorinate Your Pool - Trouble Free Pool

/sigh, I just went through this so you are not alone. I actually emptied 1/3rd and refilled thinking that would do it, but not even close. Drained 1/4 a week later and finally managed to drop my CYA 30 points just to get it under 100. Post back once you get your test results and I'm sure you get lots of help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.