Russo221

Jun 8, 2016
Parlin , new Jersey
Ok question I recently lost about a quarter of the water in my pool due to a very strange episode that happened with my pool. At the time my cya level was at 50 which is where it should be for chlorinated pool. With that little episode losing that water and filling it up I tested it and it at 40 now, which it says between 40 and 50 is good. Now should I just leave it there or bring it back to 50?

By the way the strange episode was some how my tube from the pool to the filter some how came off and basically drained out till it got down past the out part in the pool..... Lol I have no clue how that happened.... It was clamped and all, very weird20190702_201416.jpg

...... I'm still in aw on how that tube came off

That is exactly why I switched to rigid pvc plumbing. All connections are either threaded unions or cemented. I toasted a shaft seal on my last pool by running my pump dry after a clamped hose popped off. PVC costs a few bucks, but it can save a lot more.

In this case, CYA means- Cover Your A....?

Reactions: Russo221
The thing that's stopped me from doing PVC is my concern about movement in the pool wall vs the pump and filter.

Also, with 40-50 CYA what level of FC have you been maintaining? My understanding is this would require no less than 5 ppm of FC with CYA at 50. 5ppm minimum FC seems awfully high.

I keep my CYA around 30.

The thing that's stopped me from doing PVC is my concern about movement in the pool wall vs the pump and filter.

Also, with 40-50 CYA what level of FC have you been maintaining? My understanding is this would require no less than 5 ppm of FC with CYA at 50. 5ppm minimum FC seems awfully high.

I keep my CYA around 30.
Right now at 40 cya level, it says 5 to 7 is the target level. 50 cya level is 6 to 8

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.