When testing CYA I usually go outside and put my back to the sun to test. Does the dot need to be completely gone to see what my CYA is? I get to around 40 and I can still faintly see it. Any thoughts?
You can purchase the CYA standard (or standard sampler), the standard helps you hone in where the best area for you to run your test is (lighting, etc)

The CYA test is directly affected by good, bad or poor lighting. It must be bright indirect light (the reagent is reflective). I have a link in my sig for the Taylor CYA test instructions :)
If you notice in their test: You can *just* make out the outline of the dot

If you can see it at 40, you're at 30. Or less. Keep going until it is completely gone. Gone as in look away for a few seconds and look again and it's still gone.

There's no shame in pouring the solution back into the mixing bottle, giving it another swirl, and trying again. If you end up between marks, round up.

Some people find it helpful to pour to a certain level and then take a look, add more, look again, etc. That way you don't get the image burned into your eyes. When it disappears, go back one. Meaning it's visible at 40, but not at 30, you use 40 as the CYA value for calculating FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.