Good afternoon,
My tf100 kit arrived August 4.
I started shocking august 1 due to algae ,exchanged some water on 6th and added quart of acid ,pool is a little cloudy ,should I drain more to get cya down? Is that why FC is taking awhile to come down?
Thank you
Aug4 tests. Aug 5th. August7
Fc13.5. Fc10. Fc9.
Cc.5. Cc.5. Cc.5
Tc14. Tc10.5. Tc9.5
Ch150. Ch150. Ch175
Ta130. Ta110. Ta100
Cya100. Cya90. Cya80
Ph6.9. Ph7.8. Ph7.5

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

Did you follow through the entire SLAM Process process? Did you pass all three criteria for a successful SLAM Process? It does not sound like it as you say you have cloudy water. With a CYA of 80 ppm you would need to hold FC of 32 ppm until you pass the three criteria.

Follow the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] for your FC target values.

I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

You may also want to get the Pool Math app.

Good afternoon,
My tf100 kit arrived August 4.
I started shocking august 1 due to algae ,exchanged some water on 6th and added quart of acid ,pool is a little cloudy ,should I drain more to get cya down? Is that why FC is taking awhile to come down?
Thank you
Aug4 tests. Aug 5th. August7
Fc13.5. Fc10. Fc9.
Cc.5. Cc.5. Cc.5
Tc14. Tc10.5. Tc9.5
Ch150. Ch150. Ch175
Ta130. Ta110. Ta100
Cya100. Cya90. Cya80
Ph6.9. Ph7.8. Ph7.5

If you have followed all the instructions for SLAMing a pool, I don't see anything wrong with the rate your FC is dropping

My pool, which is similar in size to yours, used to loose about 0.5 ppm of FC a day when I had it around 6.0 ppm and 80 ppm of CYA.

-dave

Probably a good decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Consider getting rid of the mineral pack in your Nature2 thing. It is adding metals to your water you do not want.

Plan to use liquid chlorine from this point forward for daily maintenance.

Thank you
I dont know if I actually reached 32ppm , my previous test kit only went 5- 10ppm , I got the tf100 on the 4th , but with only a .5 drop inFC each day over 4 days I would think algae is gone

SLAM Process. Read the article. Once you pass the three criteria you let your FC drop to target levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.